Wednesday, September 01, 2004

gusto kong

maging mayor ng Antipolo.
I want to prove to myself and to everyone that a person can enter politics without taking even a single centavo from the public's fund (yep. literally, even a single centavo). I want to prove that someone can win without bribery, dagdag-bawas, blackmail, or any other form of cheating. I want to prove that the people have the power to eliminate corruption and everything it entails. I want to prove that there are still people whose reason for running is public service. As cheesy as it may sound, I want to serve my town; and if possible, our country. I want to contribute to the betterment of our fellow Filipinos.
I want a Philippines that is for her people.
Back to Antipolo. There are so many looming problems in our town that it makes me wonder why local government projects are focused on beautification. The still increasing number of trikes, the still stagnant street children wasting their lives away through blottles of rugby, the never ending search for drug lords (i wonder), roads that have been repaired yet remain unfriendly to vehicles; and I could rant on, and on, and on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home